Today I am devoting my blog to a list of things that make me smile. It is important for us to remember what makes us happy so that in times when we are feeling sad or depressed we can turn to these things to reconnect with comfort and joy. Please feel free to share what makes you smile!
- A baby laughing
- Flowers Blooming
- Ice Cream (especially Ben and Jerry’s Chubby Hubby!)
- A purring cat
- Listening to my favorite CD
- A warm shower
- Snuggling with my partner
- Watching my children sleep
- Finishing a tough project at work
- Engaging in a challenging conversation that allows me to challenge my beliefs and grow
- Comforting a friend
- Laughing until my stomach hurts
- Walks in the forest
- Listening to the waves crash on the beach
Today, 324 days ’til 40, I will remember what makes me smile. When I find myself in moments of despair, I will remember to engage in activities that will turn my sorrow into joy. I give thanks for having many things in my life that make me smile. What a gift!