People are polite….. well, often. Yes, we all run across those individuals who say something so disrespectful that we fantasize about running them down with a lawnmower, but they are the exception. We are, for the most part, a civil society that does not want to rock the boat or hurt any person’s feelings. This is why it is so challenging, at times, for people to say what they are really thinking. Have you ever fantasized about no longer being constrained by social mores? What if you REALLY could say whatever you wanted to, whenever you wanted to, without having to worry about hurting a person’s feelings……. what would be on your list? Would any of these things be???
- Are you attempting to make candles in your ear? If not, perhaps a Q-tip will help?
- Please control your Tasmanian devil (I mean, child)
- Cover your mouth when you cough, I am not interested in your sharing your germs with me.
- Have you thought about changing soap lately?
- Do you REALLY think painting your eyelids blue makes you more attractive?
- What statement are you trying to make? really?
- It appears your watch is on “make everyone miserable by waiting for me” time.
Okay, the quotes above are not SOOOO bad, but you get the point. Sometimes we all fantasize over saying something to another human. Thankfully, we are such a caring species that very few of us would even begin to consider acting out our fantasies.
Today, 71 days ’til 40, I would like to ask my reader, “What are you too polite to tell?”